Saturday, September 24, 2011

Adventures from the Farmer's Markert

While the morning air was crisp and the sun not yet scorching, we wandered over to the farmer's market to pick up some weekly produce. I am trying to broaden my horizons by trying a new item every time we adventure to the market. The bright colors and good spirits make it an awesome place, this morning in particular. I got a good variety of stuff and with that being said I will share some of my finds this morning...




The flower man is always so pleasant. With a thick Spanish accent he always tells me how great of  selection I have made and names off the species I have chosen. Oh the flowers. This is my weak spot. I love the way that flowers make a room pop, I love the vibrant colors, the smell, how each flower is unique and I love how happy they make people. This morning I chose, Snapdragons, Mums and some giant Lillies. Only one of the lillies bloomed, which means all week long my arrangement will transform into something new. 


 From a distance I saw a small frail woman in the middle of a booth, surrounded by brightly colored bobbles. I am a trinket person. If you have a knick knack, I am all about it. So I demanded that we rush over and check her out. With a crooked smile and large glasses she greeted us and also slightly judged (we totally look like hooligans). I saw this ring and knew it needed to be mine. Most of her jewelry consisted of blown glass beads, I instantly saw the bright orange of this ring and loved it. for a mear $7 dollars it was mine. She made sure that we were stealing anything else and gladly put on my new purchase and waddled away. 






There are so many fruit and veggie stands to choose from and most have the same things. I usually end up going with the people that seem the most friendly. This morning I grabbed some green beans, a red onion some white peaches and my adventure food of the week.... drum roll...... lemon cucumbers. This new veggie of the week is round like a lemon and has seeds like a cucumber inside with you cut into it. The flavor is a little   tangy like a cucumber and doesn't have that sharp crispness. It's a little more mellow flavor but I think it will go really well in cucumber and onion salad.




 We also got some bagels and a croissant with raisins and custard in it. We sat on the messy deck with the puppies (Lucky and Frankenstein) and enjoyed breakfast. It was still cool and the trees were shading the morning glare. All in all it was a great morning and I loved seeing all the new things and spending time with my handsome husband and my two darling dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment