Thursday, December 8, 2011

OOTD with a side of Cheesecake!

Cheesecake bars are the bastard child of lemon bars and cheesecake. They are possible the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth.  An added bonus is that they are pretty easy to make as long as you have a mixer. The first time I make them I did not have one and creaming cream cheese is not easy with an old vintage crank hand mixer. So I made a wise investment and broke down and bought a new electric hand mixer. It makes things so much easier. Ok so on with the tutorial....

you will need...
5 Tbsp butter, softened
1/3 c brown sugar
1c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 (8ounce) packet cream cheese
1 egg
2Tbsp milk
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Tsp vanilla

1. Heat oven to 350
 2. Blend the butter, brown sugar and flour in a bowl. mix until it is the consistency of course sand. Set aside 1c of this mixture for the top of your bars. 

3. In a 8 x 8 inch pan, spray non-stick spray or coat with butter. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the coated pan.

4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. While crust is baking combine the sugar and cream cheese into a bowl. Mix until cream cheese is smooth again. 

6. add the egg,lemon juice, vanilla, and milk into the cream cheese mixture and blend until all ingredients are combined.
7. pour cream cheese mixture over your baked crust and top with the remaining crumble. 
8. Bake for another 50-55 minutes until, toothpick come out clean from the center of bars.

 9. Let stand for an hour to set up all the way, then enjoy with friends and family or indulge by yourself! 


On a side note, Jim managed to score a vintage kitchen aid mixer and has been restoring it for me for Christmas. I'm so super stoked and my baking aspirations have been boosted to the next level!  We have been re-arranging our house and making it more "grown up", honestly it feel so good to have a house that is ours and not some place we live. 

On a side side note , I took a couple pictures of what I wore the other day to run errands. I love this skirt and try to wear it as often as possible without people thinking "didn't she just wear that?"


This ring is from New Look , I always get a million compliments  on it when I wear it.

OOTD-
Sweater and leggings- Target
T-shirt- Wal-mart
Lips Skirt- Forever 21
Flats- Payless
Bow- DIY, soon to be on my Etsy store!



 
Have a great day everyone and Etsy updates should be comin' up real quick!








2 comments:

  1. hey i really love this outfit! super cute skirt love the blog too just scrolled around and read a few posts. thanks for the sweet message on IFB and I really like your blog and am a follower :)

    seriously love your hair too! you should do a tutorial on the sweet hair styles, I'd love to get some tips on that

    xo
    A_Riot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that ring is gorgeous!!!
    xx
    June

    ReplyDelete