Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brain Scramble

Hey everyone. Sorry for the ill planned blog posts and lack there of. This week stuff around the house has been all sorts of out of whack! It started this past weekend when I got in a fight with my best friend over miscommunications. Both of us hurt each others feeling and things got out of hand real quick. Then On Sunday I went to go film my video and my camera died half way through the darn thing in a place were there was no turning back, so that was a fail. Monday I had to take Jim to the E.R. . He had hit his knee on the dog gate and it swelled up all huge and turned purple. The doctor thought he broke his knee cap. Thank goodness he didn't, he did manage to hit it so hard that the joints filled up with blood and they gave him this fancy knee brace thing. That same day I got a call for an order for 10 hair flowers that I sell in my Etsy shop. Of course they need them by Friday. I am not complaining at all about this, in fact I'm super stoked about it. But with all of this going on it still makes me a busy gal. Then with all of this going on the kitchen sink clogs up and and it's been 2 days trying to fix it. Our house is so old that we have cast iron pipes so we can't use Draino or anything like that to fix it. I had to do the dishes in the bathroom sink last night. That sucked real bad.  I also have made the decision to get strict about meal planning and setting a budget for food. This has led to us trying new recipes and Jim is helping alot with it. We have started sharing cooking duty and cleaning up in the kitchen. I love that my partner is crime is there even for the poopy stuff too. :) Tuesday night I made Lasagna cupcakes. They turned out even better then I thought they would, and the best part is they were simple and didn't take long at all! Last night I made Cornmeal and chive waffles with a friend egg and salsa. Now I'm usually not one for savory breakfast food, but this was awesome. I made the salsa myself . I honestly was pretty impressed with myself. All of the recipes I mentioned in this post I found on Pinterest. It's been raining since Monday here and it's not supposed to let up until Next Monday. My best friend and I made up, if you were wondering. We are both hard headed and I'm sometimes super sensitive so that combo doesn't always work out so well. It doesn't help that we live hundreds of miles away from each other, which is one reason why I think I took this fight so badly. I miss my two best friends very much and it's hard not being able to just hang out with them, it's a whole planning process. It's been more then a year since I've seen either one in person. That is far to long.

I'm sorry this is so jumbled and all over the place. That's kind of how I feel right now. Well I have a busy day of crafting and plumbing, so I will check in with all of you soon.

Salsa making adventure

1 comment:

  1. I lovelovelove the new font! It doesn't hurt my eyeballs! If you guys don't get up to PDX before we get down to NorCal, we'll see you this summer. We're still trying to hammer out the dates, but it'll be figured out soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete