Thursday, March 1, 2012

Galaxy Nail Tutorial-ish

Ok, Let me start out by saying that I'm not super awesome at doing nails. I'm not sure if it's because I have super short nails or if my skills are just not that developed, but I had a hell of a time with this tecnique. I am saying this because I'm sure that I'm not the only one and I know that not everything turns out perfect all the time. 
I started out by watching a million Youtube videos on how to do this. My first attempt turned out not so great, so I went back and watched more videos to refresh myself. The second time around wasn't any better. Finally I got mad enough to try it one more time. Now this still isn't great, but I wanted to show you the proccess I used so you can try it and maybe it's just me not getting it. 

STUFF YOU WILL NEED
  • PRIMER
  • TOPCOAT
  • BLACK NAIL POLISH
  • MAKEUP SPONGE
  • ASSORTED COLORS (FOR YOUR NEBULA)
  • SMALL GLITTER NAIL POLISH
  • OPTIONAL- TWEEZERS
 Prime your nails and then paint them black. let them dry a few minutes. 

I didn't have a makeup sponge so I used a foam roller. Cut a small chunk out of your sponge/roller and if you like use the tweezers to hold your small chunk. 

Sponge on streaks of white to create your nebula 

Next sponge on yellow or your whatever color you have chosen.  After that then take another color (I chose pink) and sponge that on the edges of the yellow.


Also sponge on some dark blue on the edges of the pink to blend it into the black. I didn't do this the first time and I think the blue makes a big difference. 

Take a tooth pick or any small dotting tool and use white to make little dots to represent starts.

Next cover with a fine glitter nail polish, this will add more "stars". This really helps pull the look together. Well it's supposed to. Then finish off with a top coat and you should have Galaxy nails...

This was attempt #1

Attempt #2


These last two are attempt #3
Here is what they are supposed to look like!


No comments:

Post a Comment