Monday, January 23, 2012

Storms A Brewin'

This is the outfit I was wearing in yesterdays video. I really liked it and thought I would share it with all of you! I bought these jeans online from Forever 21 and I was a little nervous about them fitting, but they look pretty good. They are not very thick jean material, I normally go for thicker material because the thinner stuff gives me what Jim calls (front butt). Haha. I can't believe I just wrote that and now am going to talk about "front butt" on the Internet! Front but is wear your pants are snug enough to make a dent in your belly and well, it looks like a butt. From time to time this happens to even the most put together of us chubby chicks. The thinner the pants are the more noticeable, or more often the front butt phenomena may happen.

I'm going to start off by saying I used to hate Uggs. With a Passion! I hated seeing girls in the city with Uggs and mini skits on. What is the point of that. Living in California I often see people wearing leg warmers with flip flops and I have been guilty of wearing scarves with t-shirts, but the Uggs trend just sent me over the edge. This may stem from the fact that my college professor drilled it into our brains that Uggs were made by the devil. To him Uggs being worn anywhere except Australia was like going outside your house in Pajama pants. I refused to fall into the Ugg trend... until I moved to the woods. I still refused to pay for Uggs so I settled for the off brand Uggs (what I like to call Fuggs) I wear my Fuggs when it's super cold, raining real bad, or light snow. I live basically at the snow line. At my house we get 3 or 4 really good snow storms during the winter, but literally if you drive ten minutes from my house, you are in a chain zone, people are snowed in, and out of power at least half the winter. Now Fuggs are not good for lots of snow because they don't have a whole lot of traction, but a light dusting is ok. So the point of me saying that is because It was raining pretty bad yesterday, hence me wearing my Fuggs!  With the impending snow coming tonight I'm held, Jim and I stocked up on foods, filled our netflix Que and I stocked up on crafty things.  It's supposed to hit tonight and we will see how bad it really it. 

I think it's a little funny that just a few posts ago I was talking about how it feel like spring in January and now we are held up in the house waiting for the storm to pass! Oh well. What is the weather like were you live? 


 OOTD-
Black and stripy tank- target (I think)
Red Bow tank & Necklace- Forever 21
Blue Black jeans- forever 21
Fuggs- Payless shoes
Cardigan- Ross
Hair flower- Local Salon




Thanks for stopping by. Be safe everyone and until next time tootles. Don't forget to Subscribe :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that shirt with the skinnies. suppppper hair style too! love it. I'm not an uggs fan either, i used to wear them like 2 years ago, and not the original uggs either but a "fuggs" (great term for generic ugss :D) brand too. they look great on you. i hope the storm passes fast and hope its not too bad.

    xo
    A_Riot

    ReplyDelete