Sunday, February 12, 2012

$200 Dinning room re-vamp!!!!

Home ownership has been filled with surprises and lots of odd findings. With a small budget and a weekend worth of time, Jim and I set a challenge to transform out 70's dining room into something modern and fun!!!!


We originally wanted to take down the wood paneling, but when we started to try to we found out that the paneling was put up with liquid nails so we would have had to re-texture the walls. So opted to just paint the paneling.  

 We also decided to keep our old ceiling fan for cost reasons, but we wanted to give it a little face lift. Jim spay painted it black. It actually looked really good and it was a more modern look rather then the gold before. I bought new glass shades for the bulbs and we turn the blades of the fan to the plain wood side. The fan looks brand new and both Jim and I were really pleased with how it turned out.



We started out by sanding all the paneling and then washed down the walls really well. This took most of the first day and we were super sore the next day, but it was a needed step. 

 

















We chose a blue tinted whited and a kind of a khaki color for the trim. It makes the room look so much bigger and brighter then the panelling did!



I also decided to re-cover the dining room chairs. They too were awful. 70's velvet floral wasn't working anymore. I opted for this bright blue with lime and pink in it. I was really surprised when Jim liked it too, but I'm so glad he did because I love this fabric!


 




I am so happy with how this turned out. It took a little longer then I expected but it was all worth it! Check out the video for the full tour! Have a great night y'all!


2 comments:

  1. it looks so fantastic!! i absolutely love it! i've been painting frames and trinkets all weekend in preparation for moving this week. I hope mine looks half as good as yours turned out! bravo, nicole and jim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, this looks great. I hope I get to see it in person sometime!

    ReplyDelete