Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Febuary is a month of self love! OOTD

I'm not one that makes a big deal out of Valentine's day. It always seem like a holiday to buy stuff. Celebrating love should not be about one day or candy or cards. Jim knows how much I love him and we both don't need a holiday to show it! I will say that the girly side of me wants to be spoiled and wants a little something on a special day, but then the rest of me steps up and tells girly me that what I really need is a motorcycle helmet and not a fancy ring or candy in a velvet box!  I will say however, that I was inspired by v-day when I painted my nails. This time I decided to paint my toe nails. Over at A is for ampersand, Amy is doing a month long feature on body acceptance and self love! I love this and will be talking more about it in the next couple posts, but with that being said I chose to do my feet because I'm super self conscious of them. I have a pretty gnarly rash-thing on one of my feet (I've seen the doctor about it and it's just something that will get better or worse on it's own) and I have chubby sausage feet with little nails. With all of those things, I usually avoid my feet, but focusing on self acceptance I chose to share my insecurity with y'all! 





All in all I'm pretty proud of my little robots. Each robot is holding half of a heart and when I stick them next to each other they connect. I thought that was cute. I also grabbed a couple pictures yesterday on our way out the door. I had an eye exam and I finally ordered new glasses!



MEOW!   
 OOTD-
sweater- Walmart
Shorts and plaid shirt- Torrid
Tank and Thermal leggings- Target

Today is a busy day. We bought paint to re-do the dining room. we are going to refurbish the ceiling fan and paint over the awful fake wood paneling on the walls. So with that being said, I'm off to home improvement land and I'll be back soon. Hope you all have an awesome day!




1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I love the outfit, I love the nails even more, and I love you for mentioning the self-love revolution. Thanks so much for joining in!! I'm so happy to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete