Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Easy Hair For the Fancy Girl on the Go!

This is my play on the traditional Swiss braid!
This is a great style for dirty hair. If you can keep a secret... I only wash my hair once a week. With the colors I use the more you wash the faster they fade.  Don't worry I still take a shower daily, I just wear a fancy shower cap. I also use a lot of dry shampoo  and I'm lucky to have pretty thick hair, so my hair doesn't get super oily. When I don't feel like doing much or am in a hurry, this is a quick go to hair style that I use frequently. 

Start with brushed hair. 
 Next Take a section from were you want to start. If you have a side cut like me, I start from the top of the back side of the shaved part. If you don't have a side cut, start at the front of your head were your hair is parted.
Seperate your chunk of hair into three sections and start to french braid. If you are unsure how to french braid check out some videos on youtube. That is what I do when I need to know how to do something!
Continue to braid following the curve of your head. Follow and try to stay close to your hair line. 
Once you reach the nape of your neck on the opposite side of were started, pin to secure. It took me 3 bobby pins. 
Tease the front of your hair... real big!
 wrangle your hair and smooth down and pin how you like to normally wear in the front. I chose to just with my standard pouf in the front. Gather the remaining hair on the one side and braid into a side braid. and you are done!!!! Congrats :)

Thanks everyone for stopping by :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I also love your hair color. What dye did you use for the blue?

    ReplyDelete