Thursday, May 10, 2012

Naked in my bathing suit!

So I know I'm not the only one who feels self conscious in a bathing suit. It's something I have struggled with for a long time and for many years I refused to buy a bathing suit. In all honesty I feel more comfortable being naked rather then wearing a suit. I would wear shorts and a tank top to swim in and while I will not be wearing an itty bitty two piece I have decided to through caution to the wind and embrace the idea of a bathing suit.

I like to think that I dress well. I try to wear things that flatter my body, but I've come to a realization that even if I'm wearing the cutest, most flattering outfit, I'm still going to be fat. No matter how well something is draped or ruched, I'm not going to look like a skinny mini. In all honesty I don't want to. I dress for myself and wear what makes me feels good and what I think looks good on me. So with that being said I bought myself a two piece bathing suit. It's fashionable and doesn't look like my grandma gave it to me!

So to fully declare my body acceptance I am showing the world me, naked in my bathing suit.
I'm not wearing any makeup, no hairspray, no body shaper, this is me and my body in my swim suit and I couldn't be more happy!

 Top- Target
Bottom- Torrid
Glasses- CoastalContacts.com



This really is a big deal for me and a huge step forward in my self image. I truly hope this gives a few of you some courage to do the same.

I have to mention that blogging has helped me feel more comfortable in my own skin.Being able to share my thoughts and feelings towards body image, life's trials and tribulations is huge!  Knowing that others are reading and that I'm not the only one that feels that way is life changing. It helps seeing other bloggers like, Amy over at Vanagon Champion , and Rachele at the Nearsighted Owl, be advocates of self acceptance inspire me to do the same and share more. If you haven't had a chance to check them out I totally suggest that you do!

Thank you everyone for coming and checking out my little life hurdle. I feel so great about this and I totally give myself a gold star! 

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had the guts to post a photo of myself in a bathing suit. You look super cute with no make up, too. That's what got my attention, actually. I'm super proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reviewing some swimsuits over on my blog at the moment, and I has been liberating, I feel good and you look amazing in yours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! I love that the bottom looks like a cute little skirt. And you are totally rockin that blue hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Hot lady alert! You are rocking that suit. The colors are really cute with your hair. Kudos to you for being for brave. YOU are an inspiration lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes yes YES!!!!!! NICOLE! This is absolutely incredible, and i'm so proud of you. You look phenomenal. And you're so absolutely right--we waste so much time and effort and lose so many life experiences when we worry about what we look like now. It's all about radical acceptance so we can enjoy the present moment. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're fantastic and an inspiration to women everywhere!! I wish I had the guts to put pictures of me in my bathing suit online, but in truth, i havent got the confidence to put a picture of me in clothes online and havent done since last summer! you go girl! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete